Wonder what you would find if you frisked the seven finalists chosen for Time magazine’s annual ‘Person of the Year’?
Answer: By looking at the picture, I’m sure you guessed it: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)…
Wait a second…
Okay. Sorry, I had to go look out the window real quick to make sure I’m still on planet Earth. Honestly, I find this quite shocking and comparable to Obama’s Nobel Prize – haha:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is among the seven finalists chosen for Time magazine’s annual “Person of the Year,” according to media reports on Monday.
“Look, she’s the first woman Speaker of the House. She’s the strongest Speaker of the House in decades,” Time managing editor Richard Stengel said of Pelosi on NBC’s “Today” show. “She had piloted what is probably the most important legislation in decades through the House. She’s a really, really pivotal lawmaker.”
No offense to Mr. Stengel, but I recall her passing (or attempting to pass) some of the worst legislation our country has ever seen:
- Passed the stimulus bill.
- Passed a cap-and-trade bill that’s dead on arrival in the Senate.
- Passed an ObamaCare bill that’s headed for the dumpster – thanks to Harry Reid (D-NV).
Not to mention all these mishaps she’s been able to accomplish this year:
- Nancy Pelosi & Congress’s Wasteful Spending Continues
- Pelosi: Jail Time Is ‘Fair’ For Failing To Purchase Obama-Care Coverage
- Pelosi Says Obama-Care Will Be Our “Christmas Present”
- Pelosi Chokes Up Over The Potential For Political ‘Violence’ – Are You Serious!?
- Speaker Pelosi’s Hypocrisy: Fan of Far-Left Protesters But Demonizes The Opposition
- Dems Say (of course) CIA Misled Congress
Sorry, I would of loved to post all of the Pelosi videos and sound bites into this single post, but there’s just too many of them. Although, she must of done a good job overall if the GOP is planning to link her (instead of Obama) to Democrats in centrist districts for attack ads in the upcoming 2010 election – haha.
Enough about House Speaker Pelosi, here are the other finalists for Time magazine’s annual ‘Person of the Year’:
Other finalists in the realm of politics include last year’s winner President Barack Obama, Afghanistan commanding Gen. Stanley McChrystal and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Jamaican sprinter and Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt are also included as finalists.
Another finalist is the “Chinese worker,” which the magazine said has become an influential international economic power.
Hmm… Very interesting choices, but there’s no need to worry. After all, I’m sure Time magazine has excellent judgement.
*UPDATE* – December 16, 2009:
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year 2009′: Ben Bernanke!