Wonder what you would find if you frisked the Democratic Party two years ago?
Answer: They passed the failed $787+ billion Stimulus Package.
Props the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) for the advertisement.
The Speaker of the House Blog reports:
Two years ago today, President Obama signed the trillion-dollar “stimulus” amid promises it would keep unemployment below eight percent and create jobs “almost immediately.” Today, the Obama Administration has little to show for its trillion-dollar, taxpayer-funded “investment” except for more red ink and more out of work Americans. Here’s a by-the-numbers look at the budget-busting, job-destroying failure that is the President’s “stimulus”:
- U.S. Debt on February 17, 2009: $6.48 trillion
- U.S. Debt today: $9.5 trillion
- Number of jobs the “stimulus” was supposed to create: 3.5 million
- Private sector jobs lost since the “stimulus” was signed: 1.8 million
- Obama Administration’s projected unemployment rate at the two-year mark of the “stimulus”: 7 percent
- Actual unemployment rate: 9 percent
Do you remember this chart the Obama administration presented to the American public before the failed Stimulus Package was passed into law?:
I realize the chart above is a little outdated, but the unemployment rate is still above 9 percent. Also, just two years ago, our national debt was $10.79 trillion and now it has topped $14 trillion. That’s equivalent to adding an additional $39,660 per household.
Just like the political advertisement said above, “two years of liberal economics have failed America.”
It’s time ignore the spin and wake up to reality: The Stimulus Package has FAILED.